Ok, I realize May has already started. But it’s not too late for me to start my 30 day challenge for the month of May. I encourage you to start one too! Now that I’m also running along with doing ballet, I am going to do a 30 day challenge for both! So here we go!!
Ballet 30 Day Challenge:
1. Try to stretch daily. This will help obviously with my flexibility but also with getting my injured calf back on track.
2. Continue to work on my double pirouettes, at least on my right side for the recital.
3. Clean up my arms in my dances.
Running 30 Day Challenge:
1. Get myself to a steady 10:00 pace.
2. Improve my time on my 5k.
3. Increase my distance to 8-9 miles by the end of the month.
I think these goals should suffice for this month. Having to come back to both things a little slow for now kind of puts a damper on things. But I just have to keep pushing through. My recital is coming up in 5 weeks, so dance class has been very busy! My next 5k is in less than 2 weeks now. I hope I’ll be ok running in it. I’ll be running it with my friend from back home. She is only 9 years old but is an amazing runner so far! She has competed several 5k races and usually places in the top 3 for her age group. She is absolutely amazing! She is one of the reasons I started to run in the first place. She inspires me. That’s right! A 9 year old kid inspires me. I love it!!
I think this time around I’m going to write my goals on a post-it note and place it where I will constantly see it in my house. I’m hoping this will help keep me on track, especially with my stretching!!
Do you have a 30 day challenge for May?? If not, you should! It doesn’t have to be anything crazy! Just pick a goal, or a few, to work towards this month. Whether it’s improving your turnout or running your first mile….get out there and do it! 😄